Megalong Icelandic Horse söker medarbetare till sin ranch i Megalong Valley, Australien.
Här nedan följer en arbetsbeskrivning och om du är intresserad så kontakta
David Harris på mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in coming to work with us and our horses in the Megalong Valley, we’d love to hear from you! We offer a number of different jobs on the farm at different levels and to meet your circumstances. All involved the Icelandic Horses but also include general farm work as well. Accommodation is available on the farm in the staff houses. Under some circumstances we can take couples and help you qualify for 2 year visa.
Job 1. Farm and Live stock hand. Paid work under the ward, Accommodation in shared room in nice house. Must have good riding skills and be keen to participate if all farm activities. Minimum stay one month
Job 2. Lead Icelandic Horse hand. Paid work under supervision, working with young horses and braking, looking after the digital media for the farm and eco tourism on the farm, keeping all horse records etc over seeing other staff. Horse riding lessons. Minimum stay 6 months. Pay by agreement. Accommodation your own room with bathroom.
Job 3. Casual work experience. Work on an Aussie farm, help with riding the horses, and feeding cattle , mending fences etc etc. in return for accommodation and food. Accommodation in shared room in nice house.
Our farm is in the Megalong Valley in the middle of the historic and world heritage listed Blue Mountains. Surrounded by 1700 acres of land just 2 hours’ drive from Sydney.
We breed and sell pure bread Icelandic Horses, plus we have a cattle business and grow some horticultural crops plus a small agri- tourism business renting houses and farm stays.
WHAT IS EXPECTED
The Over all care, welfare and development of all the horses on the properties under the supervision of the manager and in harmony with the other farm activities.
The Icelandic Horses
• Feeding and general care of all Icelandic horses
• Handling and developing the foals and young heard
• Developing the young horses to a stage where they are ridable, safe and ready to sell
• Riding and grooming the rideable horses
• Giving horse-riding lessons for interested parties and potential buyers
• Keeping detailed accounts and records of notable events eg fowling, serving by stallion
etc, vet visits and lessons.
• Keeping detailed accounts of each horse – their DNA description name etc
The Big Horses
• Including the care, management and welfare of the horses
• Feeding, grooming
• Exercising and behavioural correction
• Strict record keeping and diaries.
• organise the tack so usable and accessible
• Clean and keep polished
• Sell tack
Assist in the Management of the “Farm experience” for owners, Guests and visitors
• Helping make the experience comfortable, friendly and relaxing
• Taking bookings for houses and emailing customers
• Preparing, grooming and tacking up horses
• Assist with getting houses ready in peak periods
• Being vigilant about occupational health and safety issues
• Assisting children and beginners
• Providing regular feed back to Harris Farm and Cox’s River Directors
• Assisting with general farm duties including fencing, cow feeding and paddock clearing
• Cost management – at all times keeping costs in mind and keeping accurate records
There will be regular fortnightly updates.
Diaries with activities and times are required
All monies spent must have dockets for accounting and GST purposes
Salary and Benefits
• $$$ depending on skills, expertise and experience
• A private room with bathroom available in the “staff house” if required including
internet and all services
• Use of a fully maintained vehicle – (not whilst on leave)
• 5.5 days per week including Saturdays
• 4 weeks annual leave
• Sick leave
• 25% discount at Harris Farm markets
The Company Values All employees are expected to uphold and exhibit the company values.
Your safety and the safety of others is of paramount importance. Please ensure that safety
equipment is worn and used at all time, that correct cloths, sub block and foot wear is used.
David Harris. email@example.com. 0418119892, Owner
Cathy Harris firstname.lastname@example.org. 0418886000 Owner
Mark Phillis , email@example.com. Home 02 4787 9162 Manager
Bou. 0434 621 893 rental cleaning and maintenance